PAYPAL LIVE CASINOS: USING PAYPAL AT ONLINE CASINOS
PayPal is one of the best ways to make gambling more secure. The service has earned the love of millions of users around the world due to its easy registration and robust user data protection system.
We have prepared a table of licensed live casinos that support PayPal and allow players to make deposits using this live casino payment method. This guide will help you to find the top-rated PayPal live casinos.
100% Matched Deposit Bonus up to £100 + 10 Starburst Spins
100% Matched Deposit Bonus up to £100 + 25 Book of Dead Spins
100% Live Casino Matched Deposit Bonus up to £1,000+ 100 Bonus Spins
100% Live Casino Matched Deposit Bonus up to £25 + 20 Sahara Riches Free Spins
100% Live Casino Matched Deposit Bonus up to £100 + 100 Starburst Free Spins
50% Cashback up to £100 on Live Casino Games
100% Live Casino Matched Deposit Bonus up to £100
WHAT IS PAYPAL?
PayPal is an international payment system that allows online payments and money transfers in more than 25 currencies.
The service emerged in 1998 in San Francisco through the merger of two companies, Xcom by Ilon Musk and Cofinity by Max Levchin and Peter Thiel.
Initially PayPal was only used to pay for electronic auctions, but soon became a full-fledged Ebay payment system. By April 1999, PayPal was serving more than 1 million auctions online.
After a couple of years on the market PayPal became the most recognizable service in the dollar area, and later began to spread worldwide and work with currencies of other countries.
The company also invested in e-payment businesses Uber and MercadoLibre, the largest automated online commerce platform in Latin America.
Today PayPal is one of the top 3 most popular payment systems. More than 200 million people are already clients of the service. About 7 million companies cooperate with PayPal, allowing them to accept payments from their clients anywhere in the world.
Now the payment service is working on launching cryptocurrency projects so that users will soon be able to buy cryptocurrency and use it to buy or sell goods.
PayPal is headquartered in San Jose, California. The company also has offices around the world, including a head office in Richmond, London, UK.
THE KEY BENEFITS OF PAYPAL
PayPal has lots of benefits for live casino players. We have highlighted several of them for you below:
- Safe: PayPal ranks second in terms of transaction security after credit cards. The service uses the latest technology to protect its users from fraud and also offers two-factor authentication for an extra layer of security. PayPal only partners with licensed Live Casinos, so players don’t have to worry about making transactions.
- Quick and Easy: Paying online using PayPal requires only your email address. To make a payment in a couple of clicks, activate the One Touch feature. The service also allows instant withdrawals to online wallets, bank cards or accounts.
- Free of Charge: PayPal account maintenance is free for both personal and business accounts. Open an account, deposit and withdraw completely free of charge. Usually there is a fee for currency conversion only.
HOW TO PLAY AT LIVE CASINOS USING PAYPAL?
In order to use PayPal for live casinos you need to open an account with PayPal.com. You can do this using any device that is convenient for you – computer, laptop, tablet or even a mobile phone. Check our live casino reviews to find a suitable casino for you.
- On the PayPal registration page, choose a “personal” account that allows individuals to make online payments. Remember, the account has to be in YOUR name, otherwise you will not be able to pass the KYC verification at the online casino.
- Enter an email and come up with a password.
- Fill in your details – name, billing address and phone number – you will receive an SMS with a code to log in and check payments.
- The service will send an email to your email address to complete the registration. You will need to open the email from PayPal and click on the link to confirm your account. Beware of fraudsters. The email must not contain spelling mistakes, bad formatting or low-quality images.
- Add a debit card to link your bank account to PayPal. You don’t need to have a balance in your PayPal account, as the service will withdraw funds from the payment source you specify. Don’t worry, PayPal is safeguarding your data. If you have any questions or problems, you can always contact technical support by email or phone.
- Your PayPal account is ready! Now you can make a deposit and start playing.
HOW TO MAKE A DEPOSIT AT A LIVE CASINO USING PAYPAL?
Make instant payments using PayPal so that nothing gets in the way of enjoying your game. Follow the steps below to make a deposit with PayPal:
- Step 1: Create a PayPal account.
- Step 2: On the online casino page, select PayPal as payment method and enter the desired amount.
- Step 3: Confirm the payment by logging into your PayPal account. Once confirmed, the funds will be instantly credited to the deposit.
Although PayPal provides instant transactions, sometimes it takes several days to confirm a payment, so the user may potentially have to wait before using the funds at live casinos. However, 99% of the time, PayPal transactions at live UK casinos are instant.
You can top up your PayPal balance using:
- Debit card (From 14 April 2020, UK online casinos do not support e wallets that are linked to a credit card).
- Bank account
- Balance of rewards
- PayPal credit
HOW TO MAKE A WITHDRAWAL AT A LIVE CASINO USING PAYPAL?
Making an online casino withdrawal with PayPal is quick and simple. Just follow the steps below:
- Make sure the platform supports PayPal and allows withdrawals through the service.
- Go to the “Wallet” section in the main menu of the online casino.
- Make a withdrawal request and specify the amount you want.
- Wait for the online casino to process the request. This can take from a couple of minutes to several days. Generally, some casinos may charge a withdrawal fee and also set a daily limit.
- As soon as the online casino processes your request, the funds will instantly appear in your PayPal account.
- You will also be able to withdraw funds from your PayPal e-wallet to your bank account.
ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF USING PAYPAL AT LIVE CASINO SITES
There are pros and cons for using PayPal to make deposits and withdrawals at the top live casino sites. The steps below will help you to discover whether you should use PayPal.
|High security level||Longer verification process|
|Time saving||Higher transaction fees|
|Free account||Currency exchange fees|
|Only licensed and regulated online casinos||Some online casinos do not offer bonuses|
|Simple to use||Not all platforms support PayPal|
|Information about each transaction is sent to an email address|
|One Touch payments|
|Good customer service|
|Mobile phone access|
|Single online account for several casinos|
|Minimal data exchange|
|Multiple bank accounts can be linked to one online wallet|
PAYPAL AND CASINO BONUSES
Most online casinos in the UK offer a huge number of tempting bonuses, which not only attract new players and allow you to test out the casino, but also encourage regular users.
PayPal customers can count on bonuses at many licensed live casinos. All you have to do is make a deposit using your PayPal e-wallet.
First deposit bonuses are usually more enjoyable. They appear after a user registers and deposits their account at an online casino for the first time. Such bonuses may offer high percentages or generous amounts. Free spins bonuses are not usually as lucrative, but work along similar lines.
Live casino bonuses include matched deposit bonuses, cashback and free spins. We will explain how they differ and how they benefit players.
HOW DO LIVE CASINO BONUSES WITH PAYPAL WORK?
Some online casino sites offer bonuses specifically for players who make a first deposit using PayPal. Some of the bonuses include the below options:
- Matched deposit bonuses – An online casino may offer the player a bonus of some percentage or even equal to the full deposit. For example, if your deposit is £100, then your bonus will also be £100. Such a bonus can be a great safety net if your deposit runs out.
- Cashback bonuses – Sometimes online casinos offer PayPal cashback bonuses to users on the amount they spend while playing.
- Free spins – This bonus is common in online casinos around the world. The user gets a free try or a chance to play the game.
The number of bonuses can vary from casino to casino. While some live casinos give players generous gifts, others offer completely unfavourable bonuses.
To get a sense of what would suit you personally, answer the questions: How big of a bonus is it? How valuable is it? How many bonuses does the casino offer in general? Once you have answered these questions, you can make a decision and enjoy the game.
ALTERNATIVES TO PAYPAL
There are several alternatives to PayPal which can be used by UK live casino players. We have highlighted several of them for you below:
- Debit card – Debit cards are accepted at all online casinos, and they are also known for their simplicity and ease of use. Customers can always get bonuses from online casinos. With debit cards, deposits can be made quickly, but there is a fee, which is usually 3-5% of the account amount. Also, withdrawals can take anywhere from 3-5 days, and the casino has access to your card details when making payment transactions. Also, not all online casinos support MasterCard.
- Bank transfer – You can use a bank transfer to make deposits and withdrawals to your online casino. The disadvantage of this payment method is that the transfer can take several days. For fast transactions by bank transfer, you can use the Trustly service.
- Skrill – Skrill is an e-wallet that allows you to withdraw funds from your online casino account very quickly and securely (1-24 hours). There is no fee to install and use Skrill, as long as the online wallet is used at least once a year. Although most online casinos support Skrill without any fees, there are sometimes additional fees that apply when depositing or withdrawing funds. Also, this payment service does not always entitle you to some deposit bonuses.
- Apple Pay – Apple Pay is easy to use and the money you deposit will arrive fairly quickly. It’s a simple and secure way to fund your online casino account, but it’s not suitable for Android users.
- Boku – Boku is a payment service that deducts funds from your phone balance. The main advantage of Boku is that you only need your phone number to make a deposit. However, you will not be able to withdraw funds from your online casino account. Also keep in mind that Boku has strict daily and monthly spending limits.
- Paysafecard – Paysafecard offers the user to apply for a prepaid card that can be issued without registering, entering personal details or specifying a bank account. The customer will be able to make deposits to the casino, but it is not possible to withdraw funds with Paysafecard.
- Cryptocurrency – Cryptocurrencies, like Bitcoin or Ethereum, are gaining in popularity due to some of the highest limits and instant transactions. In addition, you can always be assured that your payments are anonymous. Despite this, among the disadvantages of cryptocurrency wallets are the lack of customer support and too high volatility.
- AstroPay – AstroPay is both an e-wallet and a prepaid card. This combination allows the user to manage their money more efficiently and keep track of their spending. You can make quick withdrawals from your casino account. Also, the AstroPay service does not exchange bank details, which guarantees additional security. However, a customer using this e-wallet may lose deposit bonuses in some casinos.
- Neteller – Neteller is another e-wallet that can take up to 24 hours to withdraw. Neteller does not require a fee, but may occasionally charge a withdrawal and deposit fee. Some online casinos do not offer bonuses to users who deposit via Neteller.
Gambling can be fun and exciting, but we ask that you remain respsonbile and mindful of your safety when playing at live casinos.
The majority of UK live online casinos support PayPal, making it easy for users to make payments on their favourite platforms.
2. Can I get good bonuses using PayPal as a deposit method?
Yes, unlike other payment systems, PayPal allows its users to receive bonuses from live online casinos.
3. Is PayPal safe as a payment solution?
PayPal uses advanced data encryption technology to protect payments, as well as algorithms to combat fraud, data theft and email phishing.
4. How long do payment transactions take?
PayPal is usually known for instant payments. Transactions usually take no more than a few minutes, but sometimes the waiting time can extend to three days.
5. Can I make live casino deposits and withdrawals with PayPal funds?
Due to the payment service you can make deposits in a couple of clicks, as well as withdraw funds securely to your PayPal wallet or bank account.
Greetings, I’m Rupert Zeng
Rupert Zeng is a recent graduate and is responsible for all the guides on TopLiveCasino. Rupert loves everything about the technical aspects of live casino games. He also loves coffee.
Technical analyst since 2022