Written by Rupert Zeng | Reading time 3 mins
Live Casino Hold’em is the most widely played casino poker game. Similar to Texas Hold’em poker, Casino Hold’em pits players against the dealer rather than other players. This page will inform you on how to play Live Casino Hold’em as well as where you can play Live Casino Hold’em for real money in the United Kingdom.
PLAY LIVE CASINO HOLD’EM HERE
100% Matched Deposit Bonus up to £100 + 10 Starburst Spins
100% Matched Deposit Bonus up to £100 + 25 Book of Dead Spins
100% Live Casino Matched Deposit Bonus up to £1,000+ 100 Bonus Spins
HOW TO PLAY LIVE CASINO HOLD’EM
We have put together a step-by-step guide teaching you how to play Live Casino Hold’em. Included is information on how to make bets as well as the RTP and payouts of Casino Hold’em live.
- Login and head to the live casino section – Firstly, login to your online casino account, then go to the live casino section. If you have not yet signed up to a live online casino, you can check out our list of the top online casino sites.
- Click a Live Casino Hold’em table – There should be lots of choices of tables to play live casino hold’em on. Choose one and you are ready to play. Ensure that your account is fully topped up. For more info, see our guide to live casino payment methods.
- Place your initial bets – Just like regular Hold’em, the best five-card poker hand wins the pot. Players must now place an ante and an optional bonus bet, this is before any cards are dealt.
- Live dealer deals the cards – Players and the dealer now receive two hole cards. Three community cards (the flop) are spread out on the table face-up.
- Call the dealers bet or fold – At this point, the dealer places a bet. Players can now choose to either call the bet and see the remaining two cards or fold and lose their ante and bonus bet. The best hand then wins.
- Winnings are paid out – If the dealer has not made a qualifying hand – a pair of fours or better – any players who have not folded will win regardless of their hand.
Live Casino Hold’em is one of the easiest UK live casino games to learn and play. There is also an element of skill to the game, so it is important to study live casino Hold’em strategies if you are expecting to spend a lot of time playing.
LIVE CASINO HOLD’EM BONUS BETS
There are several bonus bets which players can place at the start of each game when the initial ante is placed. You can bet on hitting any Texas Hold’em poker hand and if you do hit one, you will get paid out if you make the bonus bet. We have detailed these for you below. If you scroll down to the payouts section of this Live Casino Hold’em guide, you will see the payouts of all the bonus bets.
- Royal Flush
- Straight Flush
- Four of a Kind
- Full House
- Straight or less
The team here at TopLiveCasinos do not recommend taking the bonus betting odds other than the Pair of Aces to a Straight at 7:1. None of the other are worth the money, especially not the Royal Flush or the Straight Flush as the odds of hitting these are way over 100:1.
LIVE CASINO HOLD’EM BETTING LIMITS
Gamblers of all kinds can enjoy Live Casino Hold’em thanks to its very flexible betting limits. Most Live Hold’em games will allow minimum bets of £0.50 all the way up to maximum bets of £3,000.
LIVE CASINO HOLD’EM PAYOUTS
Live casino hold’em payouts are shown on the table below:
|HAND||ANTE ODDS||BONUS ODDS|
|Four of a Kind||10:1||40:1|
|Straight or less||1:1|
|Pair of Ace to a Straight||7:1|
LIVE CASINO HOLDEM ONLINE RTP
The theoretical return to player percentage (RTP) for Live Casino Hold’em is 97.84%. The RTP for the bonus bet for Live Casino Hold’em is 93.74%.
LIVE CASINO HOLD’EM: FURTHER GAME INFO
Live Casino Hold’em gives players the opportunity to play one of the best poker games of all time directly against a live casino dealer. Like regular poker, this is a skill game. The skill element has ensured that players continue to come back for more which has helped Live Casino Hold’em to be one of the most popular games at UK live casinos.
There are not too many features other than the live dealer aspect. Live Casino Hold’em is a simple table game which pits the player against the dealer.
Most Live Casino Hold’em online games are brought to you by Evolution Gaming – the masters of live casino games. The video technology used is outstanding and the hosts of the games are all professional. In addition, Live Casino Hold’em can be played on all modern mobile and tablet devices.
DIFFERENT CASINO POKER GAMES
There are plenty of different variants of Poker which can be played at live casino’s in the United Kingdom. We have listed them for you below:
- Live 3 Card Poker
- Three Card Poker Shufflemaster
- Fortune Pai Gow Poker
- Double Double Bonus Poker
- Live Caribbean Stud Poker
- All Aces Poker
- Bonus Poker
- Double Bonus Poker
- Triple Card Poker
TOPLIVECASINOS VERDICT ON LIVE CASINO HOLD’EM
“Live Casino Hold’em is the most popular poker variant you can play at a UK live casino. It is extremely simple to learn and play and the skill element means that the better you become, the more likely you are to win. TopLiveCasinos thoroughly recommends this game.”— TopLiveCasino’s Live Casino Team
Greetings, I’m Rupert Zeng
Rupert Zeng is a recent graduate and is responsible for all the guides on TopLiveCasino. Rupert loves everything about the technical aspects of live casino games. He also loves coffee.
Technical analyst since 2022