Written by Rupert Zeng | Reading time 2 mins
One of the most popular live casino games of all time, Live Roulette offers an incredible amount of thrills and excitement to all who play the game. Thanks to the advent of live online casino’s, customers can now play Roulette live from the comfort of their own homes. This page will inform you on how to play Live Roulette as well as the live casinos where you can play Live Roulette online.
PLAY LIVE ROULETTE HERE
100% Matched Deposit Bonus up to £100 + 10 Starburst Spins
100% Matched Deposit Bonus up to £100 + 25 Book of Dead Spins
100% Live Casino Matched Deposit Bonus up to £1,000+ 100 Bonus Spins
HOW TO PLAY LIVE ROULETTE
We have put together a step-by-step guide on how to play Live Roulette online for you below. There is also an explanation on how to make bets as well as the RTP and payouts of live online Roulette.
- Login to your chosen online casino and go to the live casino section – To begin, you simply need to login to your online casino account. If you do not yet have one, we recommend picking one of the top live casino’s listed on our site and registering an account. Once you are at the live casino lobby, simply click/tap on live roulette. The game will then load automatically.
- Placing bets on live roulette – Bets can be placed on a number of different occurrences including red or black, odds or evens or individual numbers. Depending on where you are playing, live roulette usually offers minimum betting limits of £0.50 and maximum bets of £10,000.
- The live dealer spins the roulette wheel – Once all bets have been placed, the live dealer will spin the live roulette wheel. Bets cannot be placed after the wheel has been spun and all winnings will be paid out once the ball lands.
- New betting round begins – A new betting round begins once all winning from the previous spin have been paid out.
LIVE ROULETTE BET TYPES
There are plenty of different bets which can be placed when playing live roulette for real money. Bets can cover a single number or a range of numbers, with each bet type having its own payout value. Bets placed on the numbered space are known as inside bets whilst bets made on the special boxes and to the side of the main grid are called outside bets.
- Straight up – Place your chips directly on any single number (including zero).
- Split bet – place your chips on the line between any two numbers, either on the vertical or horizontal.
- Street bet – A street bet covers three numbers. Place your chips at the end of any row of numbers.
- Corner bet – Covers four numbers. Place your chip at the corner where four numbers meet.
- Line bet – A line bet covers a total of six numbers. Place chips at the end of two rows.
- Column bet – Place your chips in one of the boxes marked ‘2 to 1’ at the end of the column that covers all 12 numbers in that column. The zero is not covered by any column bet.
- Dozen bet – Chips are placed in one of the three boxes marked ‘1st 12’ ‘2nd 12’ or ‘3rd 12’ to cover all 12 numbers alongside the box.
- Red/Black – Chips are placed in the red or black box to cover the 18 red or 18 black numbers. Zero is not covered.
- Even/Odd – Place your chips in the box to either cover the 18 odd numbers or the 18 even numbers. Zero is not included.
- 1-18/19-36 – Place chips in either of these boxes to cover the number 1-18 or the numbers 19-36. Zero is not included.
There are other bets which can be placed too, including neighbour bets. You can find details to these bets on the information screen of your chosen live roulette game.
LIVE ROULETTE PAYOUTS
The payout depends on the type of bet placed:
LIVE ROULETTE RTP
Most standard live roulette games have an RTP of 97.30%.
LIVE ROULETTE: FURTHER GAME INFO
Live roulette is simple to play, learn and understand. The payout structure is also simple and the return to player is above average in comparison with other live casino games and online slots. Live roulette can be played on a 24/7 basis.
Live roulette can payout up to 35x the bet and can be played at most UK online casinos. See our guide to live online casino reviews to find a place to play. Overall, live roulette can be considered as quite old fashioned as it does not have the modern features of some newer live casino games.
There are no specific special features in live roulette as this is the classic roulette we all know and love. If you are interested in a different type of roulette which offers special and modern features, we can recommend Lightning Roulette.
Most UK live roulette tables are developed by Evolution Gaming and offer state of the art video technology. Players are able to adjust the video quality to suit their liking, we recommend HD. In addition, live roulette can be played on all handheld devices including smart phone devices and tablets.
TOPLIVECASINOS VERDICT ON LIVE ROULETTE
“Live roulette is the classic live casino table game. Evolution has created several variations of Roulette, but classic roulette remains the favourite for many. TopLiveCasinos recommend Live Roulette to UK gamblers.”— TopLiveCasino’s Live Casino Team
Greetings, I’m Rupert Zeng
Rupert Zeng is a recent graduate and is responsible for all the guides on TopLiveCasino. Rupert loves everything about the technical aspects of live casino games. He also loves coffee.
Technical analyst since 2022